"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world."
-Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Upcoming Events


6th Grade Flyer

6th Grade Science Standard 3: Students will understand the relationship and attributes of objects in the solar system

Ed tech standard 6:  Design, develop, publish and present products (e.g., Web pages, videotapes) using technology resources that demonstrate and communicate curriculum concepts to audiences inside and outside the classroom. (4,5,6)

Students will have the opportunity to look at the stars and planets through a telescope, after school hours. This will create a better connection and understanding when we explore space in the classroom. Providing a time where students can come, after school, still in an educational role, but more relaxed and fun will help the students be more excited to  learn about space. I hope that having this flyer on my blog will make it more appealing for students and it is something that they can look during school and at home.




Below is the link for the flyer!

Star Party Flyer



6th Grade Math Pinterest Board

Ed Tech 6: Design, develop, publish and present products (e.g., Web pages, videotapes) using technology resources that demonstrate and communicate curriculum concepts to audiences inside and outside the classroom. (4,5,6)


This board was created that I might add to it as I go along in my career. This is something I want to keep building on. Right now - it has a lot of math pins, but I plan on adding more to that with different subjects as well. I wanted to provide myself with some fun and creative ways to teach my students so that they have something to grasp and remember. This is a good way to get ideas for myself. Feel free to follow me on Pinterest!



Below is the link to my Pinterest page


Pinning My Future


6th Grade Newsletter

Ed tech 6: Design, develop, publish and present products (e.g., Web pages, videotapes) using technology resources that demonstrate and communicate curriculum concepts to audiences inside and outside the classroom. (4,5,6)


This newsletter is to inform the student's and their parents about what is coming up this month! It gives the details of the annual book club party. This is a resource that not only students can use, but so can the parents. They can refer to this letter to know what to wear, what time it is at and all the information they will need to know. I hope that posting my newsletter on the page will make it so I don't have to repeat over and over again about the book club! They can just find it posted on my page



Below is the link for the book club information!


Book Club Party